Thursday, October 11, 2012

I've been busy!

You know what, I've already finished embroidering the owl with the Bayeux stitch that I brought home from my little trip to Normandy! At first I thought it would be my Winter project but once I started with it I just couldn't stop!
I can't show you any pictures yet of the totally finished owl because I have to iron it first, but here are some pictures of the work in progress and the different steps of how to make the Bayeux stitch.

First layer:

Second layer:

Third layer:

Because I loved using the Bayeux stitch and because there's still plenty of embroidering thread left from this owl, I'm going to make another piece using a pattern I will design myself. Not sure yet what it's going to be!

And today I finished making a new door for my shed. The old one fell apart when I was in Normandy and a neighbor took care of my cat. It was quit some work but with the help of my dad's tools (and perhaps his guidance from above!) I made a door that I'm proud off!

The old door!

The new door!
 I had to make a new hole and used my dad's chisels.

I also made a page in my Soul Garden journal. I think I'm going to work on it a little bit more but I'll show it anyway. This is for Suzi's class: Soul Garden.

1 comment:

Joyce van der Lely said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this owl ! wowowowowowowooohooohooohoooohhoooo !