Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Swedish Cornel or Bunchberry

This afternoon I finally discovered the growing place of the Swedish Cornel or Bunchberry. It's the only spot in my country where it still grows and it's not far from my village. My sweetheart and I went to look for it last weekend but without any luck. But today, after almost giving up my search again, I finally found 4 blooming plants! I knew I was on the right spot because I had already found the plant without the flower.





This was the first photo I took of the first blooming plant I spotted.




I thought it was the only one but then I discovered that there were 3 more. They were all much smaller and therefore harder to see. Can you find the 4 flowers in the next photo?




And here are some other photos I took.







Another rare plant that I've spotted and which grows in the same area as the Swedish cornel, is the Chickweed wintergreen or Arctic starflower. 



No comments: