Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rosegarden

I finally made a page in my A Lovely Dream (from a Suzi Blu class) art journal again! I was in the mood for some collaging and used lots of images that are normally used to put in a so called 'Poesie album'. This is a small album in which family, friends and teachers of young girls are writing small poems on one page and then decorate the other page with images like the ones I used. 
Here are 2 pages of my own and my mother's Poesie album, just to give you an idea:




And here are some photos of my Art Journal page that I took outside in the evening light ....



.... and I also made a scan:


I used the lyrics of the song Rose Garden by Lynn Anderson. I made the girl with Pan pastels, Prisma colors and watercolor pencils. The background is a vintage sheet of music paper with Glimmer Mist. The card of the girl on the left page I found in a new Dutch magazine called Daphne's Diary.

No comments: