Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What can I say ....

 .... only that it has been a while since I've posted something on my blog!! When I'm not posting anything here it's usually because I feel shit and this time that was also the case. 
Besides the fact that it's a year ago that my dad was very sick and finally died on January 12th and so this year we had to celebrate X-mas without him for the first time, the FM also kicked in hard this time, despite all my efforts to improve my condition. The weather has been terribly wet lately and in my case it makes it a lot harder to cope with the FM. But .... maybe that will change for the better in the near future, because a friend gave me an article about Body Stress Release. Just this morning I made my first appointment on February 1st with a BSR practitioner, who has her practice not far from where I live. So I still have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can start this new adventure. It seems that it is really working for a lot of the people with FM, so why not me?!
In the mean time I'm trying to distract myself from the pain with learning about new art journaling techniques and making some art on the moments that I don't feel too tired.

I entered the Creative Jumpstart 2013 by Nathalie Kalbach from Germany. There are artists from all over the world participating and showing different techniques for art journaling and/or scrapbooking. It's really fun!

I got inspired by an Australian lady: Louise Nelson, who's one of the teachers in the Creative Jumpstart and finished a scrapbook page with our cat Misty last night. I hadn't made a scrapbook page for a very, very long time! 

This is how the page looked after I applied some modeling paste and stamped into the wet paste.



When the modeling paste was dry I spray painted the entire page with watered down gesso.
When this was also dry (I used a heat gun!) I first spray painted with vibrant turquoise ink spray from Ranger Dylusions right on top of the page and then watered it down and allowing the ink to drip down by putting the page on it's side. I did the same with the next color: fresh lime (also Ranger Dylusions). I dried the paint in between using a heat gun. I had to repeat the ink spraying a second time. I forgot to take a picture of the sprayed background before adding photo and embellishments, so here it is when it was almost finished ...



... and here it's finished!





Hope to be back soon this time!

No comments: