Friday, July 6, 2012

Hippopotamus

Yesterday I collaged this old piggy bank for my sweetheart. He collects hippopotamuses and found this one in Finland.






The young black birds have already left the nest and are housing somewhere on the ground between the bushes. Did you know that they can't fly yet when they leave the nest? This makes them very vulnerable and an easy prey for cats. I can hear the parents warn them when someone (person or cat) is passing by. They woke me up very early this morning and I was unable to fall asleep again! I wasn't amused by that at all, but I do hope they will all survive!


And look the clematis is blooming! There's only one flower yet in the purple clematis and lots of flowers in the pink one!




And then there are these purple flowers which grow every year from under the wooden shelves we have put over a former brick flower bin(?). This year it is really huge!




No comments: